Are the following statements sometimes, always, or never true?
- Max gets a pay raise of 30%. Jim gets a pay raise of 25%. So Max gets the bigger pay raise.
- When you cut a piece off a shape, you reduce its area and perimeter.
- If you add the same number to the top and bottom of a fraction, the fraction gets bigger in value.
- In a sale, every price was reduced by 25%. After the sale, every price was increased by 25%. So the prices went back to where they started
- If you add a number to 12, you get a number greater than 12.
- The square root of a number is less than the number.
- If you divide 12 by a number, the answer will be less than 12.
- The square of a number is greater than the number.
- (n + 5) is less than 20
- 2(x + 3) = 2x + 3
- 3 + 2y = 5y
- 4p is greater than 9 + p
- 2(3 + s) = 6 + 2s