1) Can you write 1/72 as the difference of two unit fractions (fractions with 1 in the numerator)?

2) Can you find other fractions that can be written as the difference of two unit fractions? Can you find a general rule for these?

3) Can you use the rule you found in #2 to find a formula for the difference of any two unit fractions?

Write to the math specialist through the Questions/Comments/Solutions link at the top of the page for hints and to share your results.